The Salem Community Center @ the Armory provides residents of Dent and surrounding counties the opportunity to utilize technological resources for continuing education and workshops for professional development and other educational information. The Center provides a hands-on environment where individuals have access to local, national and global information/connections through the use of interactive video, networked computers and a computer lab.
The Center staff and facility offer the following services and capabilities:
- Credit and Non-Credit Educational Programs and Related Services
- Computer Training (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Continuing Education
- Business Training (e.g. Customer Service, Business Communications, etc.)
- Meeting Room Rental (available with or without technology)
- Assistance with Planning, Marketing, and Administration of Programs and Events
- Computer and A/V Equipment
- Public Internet and E-mail Access (includes available Wi-Fi Internet)
- Office Functions: scanning, laminating, faxing, copying, book binding
- Fingerprinting Services (for employment, foster care, licenses)
- Dent County Rural Addressing provider
Some services have standard rates with others negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
Please contact staff for more detailed information about the facility and/or available services.
For more than 20 years, residents in Salem and Dent County have dreamed about creating a local community center and have continually worked to make that dream a reality. This dream became a reality in 2014 with the renovation and expansion of the “Salem Community Center @ the Armory.”
The Armory is a former National Guard Armory building that was donated to the City of Salem in 2004. Since then, the facility has housed local community organizations including Salem TCRC (an educational facility), Salem Fitness Center, City Parks & Recreation program, and Healthy Dent County. These organizations, with significant support from community stakeholders and partners, have been working to improve health and wellness, physical activity, and educational opportunities for our residents.