Salem TCRC becomes only state certified fingerprinting site in Dent County.
Basic Law Enforcement Academy is being held at Salem Community Center @ the Armory.
(see Events section for more info)
The Salem Community Center @ the Armory provides exemplary facilities, programs, and services that inspire community engagement, socialization, and development. We strive to be the place where health, education and community meet.
The Center staff and facility offer the following services and capabilities:
- Fully equipped Fitness Center
- Group Exercise Classes
- Banquet space (for meetings, conferences, weddings, reunions, family gatherings, fundraisers)
- Meeting Room Rental (available with computer and projector)
- Assistance with Planning, Marketing, and Administration of Programs and Events
- Computer and A/V Equipment
- Public Internet and E-mail Access (includes available Wi-Fi Internet)
- Office Functions: scanning, laminating, faxing, copying, book binding
- Fingerprinting Services (for employment, foster care, licenses)
- Dent County Rural Addressing provider (for home and business addressing)
Some services have standard rates with others negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
Please contact staff for more detailed information about the facility and/or available services.
For more than 20 years, residents in Salem and Dent County have dreamed about creating a local community center and have continually worked to make that dream a reality. This dream became a reality in 2014 with the renovation and expansion of the “Salem Community Center @ the Armory.”
The Armory is a former National Guard Armory building that was donated to the City of Salem in 2004. Since then, the facility has housed local community organizations including Salem TCRC (an educational facility), Salem Fitness Center, City Parks & Recreation program, and Healthy Dent County. These organizations, with significant support from community stakeholders and partners, have been working to improve health and wellness, physical activity, and educational opportunities for our residents.